I like photography, but have only taken one class in it. If you have any comments that would help me improve my work, please leave them. Thank you.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Magic Trains

Since I was very little, I have loved trains. I don't know much about them, but it doesn't matter. When I was a preschooler/kindergartener, I lived by the train tracks. I suppose we were about 2 blocks away, but since I was little at the time, that part is perhaps skewed. Sometimes I could hear them traveling; the bells ringing, the whistles blowing, the engines running and the wheels turning. I was not allowed to go near the train yard or tracks unsupervised, but even then, I don't recall going down there. I always just saw from a distance. My mother taught me the song about the little puffer-bellies; Down By The Station. I remember walking along the sidewalk singing it to myself. One of my favorite books was about a train.
Now I live near the train tracks, again. Different tracks with different trains, but it holds the same enchantment. I found this area one day, as I was out and about and stopped to take some pictures. I just have a small camera and it was getting dark, so they are not the best pictures ever, but have a look!Now I live near the train tracks, again. Different tracks with different trains, but it holds the same enchantment. I found this area one day, as I was out and about and stopped to take some pictures. I just have a small camera and it was getting dark, so they are not the best pictures ever, but have a look!

(Sorry for the crookedness. Sometimes I have a hard time seeing my screen when I click and sometimes I just like to see what I get when I point my camera and shoot).
With these particular three, I was just mostly playing with the length of the click. I think I like how all three turned out. They each have a little different style. Anyway, tell me what you think. What you like and what you don't. (If you use the terms, "top, middle and bottom" instead of "1,2,3" your comments will make more sense. Thanks.)

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

I guess I should redo those pictures with better lighting, but I don't want to lose the grainy quality, so how do I do that?